We are also offering Belarus tourist vouchers required to get a tourist visa to Belarus. Please read more about Belarus visa support document.
The consulate processing time for the visa application does not usually exceed 5 business days. The visa application may be processed within 48 hours for an extra fee. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for postage and courier delivery if Go Russia submits your documents to the Belarus Consulate.
On receiving the visa, please, check it for mistakes and, if there are any, the document(s) must be returned to the Embassy for correction. The Embassy will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the country of residence.
Please note, visas cannot be extended
. If your travel plans have been changed after the visa was issued, you have to reapply for a new visa.
At the border point to Belarus any foreign national is required to fill in a migration card and submit it to the immigration officer.
Upon arrival to Belarus visitors are required to register at the local citizenship and migration office of the Ministry of Interior of Belarus within 5 business days. Thereafter, local police authorities will issue a registration stamp, which will be attached to the visitor’s passport. If the visitor is staying in a hotel, this will be arranged by the hotel services (reception bureau).
A valid medical insurance is required for all foreign citizens travelling to the Republic of Belarus (except for the British citizens). The insurance certificate can be bought at the Belarusian border. Applicants should not submit their insurance certificate to the Embassy. It should be presented to the immigration officer when entering Belarus. Medical insurance is not required for the holders of Belarusian transit visas travelling to other countries via Belarus.
STEP 1. Fill in the visa application form
STEP 2. Prepare required documents
- Download the visa form from the Belarus Embassy website
- Fill in the visa form. If a question does not apply, please, write "n/a". Incomplete forms will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
The visa application form should be filled in legible handwriting or typing. The purpose of the visit must be described in detail. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check whether the information given on the form is correct. The application form should be signed by the applicant. Failure to observe this requirement may result in refusal of the application.
- A valid original passport or travel document with not less than two blank pages available for the visa. The passport must be valid not less than 90 days beyond the date of planned departure from Belarus.
- One recent passport-sized (45mm x 35 mm) colour photograph of the applicant, which should be glued or stapled to the marked space at the upper right-hand corner of the application form. Please, note that the photograph must not be stapled over the facial area. Photographs with staples that overlap the holder's facial features will not be accepted. Only photographs which meet the requirements below will be accepted :
- be taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background
- be clear and of good quality
- be printed on normal photographic paper
- display full face without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless for ethnic or religious reasons
- If the applicant previously had the USSR or Belarus citizenship, he or she must submit the document proving the loss of the USSR or Belarus citizenship.
- Prepare additional documents. When applying for a visa, apart from an application, you need to submit the following supporting documents depending on the type of the visa :
Type B – Transit visa (valid for up to 1 year, allowing stay in Belarus no more than 48 hours) – a valid visa of the country the applicant is travelling from/to via Belarus (e.g. Russia). If such visa is not required – a copy of the ticket, itinerary from a travel agency or any other documents confirming the applicant's trip to the country of destination.
Type C – Short-term (tourist) visa (up to 30 days, short-term single or double entry), a written request (a tourist voucher) by a Belarusian tourist company, or a written request by a rest house or rehabilitation centre, or a written invitation by a national of Belarus and supporting documents that confirm her/his ownership of an agrotourist homestead in Belarus.
Citizens of the European Union states, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and some other countries (please, check at the Embassy) can submit a copy of the tourist voucher with a covering letter from a Belarusian travel agency. We can assist with tourist vouchers to Belarus.
Type C - Short-term (visitor) visa (up to 90 days, single, double or multiple entries) - an original letter of invitation (not a copy) made up by the applicant's friends or relatives residing in Belarus at the local citizenship and migration office of the Ministry of Interior of Belarus. An invitation may also be submitted in person by a Belarusian citizen on a temporary visit to the United Kingdom. The signature on this invitation must be notarized at the Consular and Visa Section of the Embassy of Belarus (the consular fee is 10 pounds sterling).
Meanwhile, a visa for a private visit may be issued without an invitation in case the applicant submits a report (a doctor-certified fax message) proving an emergency need to visit Belarus due to a serious disease or death of a relative, or a document certifying that you own a residence in Belarus, or a court notice.
Citizens of the European Union states, Australia, the USA, Israel, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and some other countries (please, check at the Embassy), who intend to stay in the Republic of Belarus for the period less than 30 days do not need to provide letters of invitation. Still, the inviting person or organization and their address must be indicated in the visa application form.